2017 Brigantes Breakfast for Liverymen of the City of London – Wednesday 26 July
We have pleasure in attaching the invitation and booking form for the 2017 Brigantes Breakfast – the annual Northern luncheon open to all City of London Liverymen – which is being held on Wednesday 26 July in the magnificent St Georges Hall, Liverpool, in the presence Alderman Dr Andrew Parmley, our Lord Mayor and a staunch Lancastrian.
Also joining us will be Dame Lorna Muirhead DCVO DBE, the Lord Lieutenant of Merseyside, and Rt Revd Richard Blackburn, the Suffragan Bishop of Liverpool, who has kindly agreed to be our Chaplain for the Day.
We should be most grateful if you would circulate the invitation and booking form to your Master and Liverymen, with the following notes : Please click on the link below – booking will be done direct not via Watermen’s Hall.
BOOKING FORM – BRIGANTES BREAKFAST – ST GEORGES HALL LIVERPOOL – 26 JULY 2017 – 12.00 for 12.30
- Due to the greater space available to us in St Georges Hall we are delighted to offer up to three guest places per Liveryman at this year’s Brigantes Breakfast, compared with one guest place per Liveryman in previous years. We do expect a strong demand for places however and early booking is recommended.
- If the names of your guests are not known at this stage, please would you book and pay now for the number of places required and let us know your guests’ details later.
- Dress code is lounge suits. Badges of Office may be worn. Current Livery Masters will be processing into lunch.
- The timing of the Brigantes Breakfast is 12.00 for 12.30, which should allow Liverymen travelling by rail on the day from London (2h 14m from Euston) or other locations to purchase off-peak fares as a number did last year for Sheffield – a big saving!
- St Georges Hall is immediately opposite Liverpool Lime Street Station. There are several car parks within a few minutes walk.
- The formal part of the proceedings will close at around 16.00, with further socialising for those who wish.
- If you would like to stay in Liverpool overnight, a selection of city centre hotels is provided.
- The cost per person for this very special occasion is £97.50 plus a £2.00 donation to the Lord Mayor’s Charity Appeal. Payment is requested with bookings please.
- Details for payment by cheque or online are included on the booking form which, for convenience, is provided in both PDF and Word format.
- Pour Memoire cards for you and your guests will be sent by post two weeks before the event.
We look forward to welcoming your Master and Liverymen to Liverpool for what should be another highly convivial Brigantes Breakfast.
With best wishes
Adrian Waddingham CBE
|AdrTHER BRIGANTES DATES FOR YOUR 2017 DIARY
Tuesday 25 April, 10.15 – Brigantes Golf Day at Ganton Golf Club near Malton, North Yorkshire. Ganton is a world top 100 course, host to the Ryder Cup, Walker Cup and Curtis Cup, and was the venue for the 2016 English Mens Amateur Championship. For more information please contact Liveryman Graham Mason, the event organiser – email@example.com
Friday 15 December, 16.00 – Following last year’s fully subscribed Winter Gathering in Chester Cathedral, the 2017 Brigantes Winter Gathering will be in York – Reception and Early Dinner followed by Christmas Concert in York Minster. More details will be circulated during the summer.